Bringing new life into the world is one of the most defining moments of your life, and choosing Group Hypnobirthing Classes is to choose an experience where you’re empowered and excited. It’s about being fearless and well informed to make the best choices for you both.
Why choose Journey Ahead?
My ambition is to provide the best antenatal education for you and your baby. I am passionate about giving families the best start in their parenting journey, and setting them up for positive, empowering experiences.
I trained through Katherine Graves Hypnobirthing (KGH) which is the most comprehensive teacher training on the market. It is the only course to be accredited by the Royal College of Midwives.
The wealth of training I have received means I can provide much more support beyond the traditional antenatal classes.
Once you invest in a course, you have me on hand to support you throughout the remainder of your pregnancy. If you choose, I can also support you through the birth and postpartum too.
Many expectant parents choose a class setting to learn about hypnobirthing. Group hypnobirthing classes are typically delivered within the Stockport area, and held on a regular basis.
Benefits of class settings
Delivering the course content to you on a group level has multiple benefits:
- Affordable. I am able to offer group teaching at a lower cost than one to one, and so this is a cheaper option but still includes all the same great content.
- Social. This type of learning allows you to meet with people who are expecting at a similar time to you. It can be a great way to start to create your village and support network for your journey ahead.
- Eye opening. Meeting and getting to know other parents can give you new perspectives and can help you challenge ideas that you have about your ideal birth experience.
What to expect
Antenatal education with Journey Ahead is…
- A relaxed, fun and evidence based way to learn
- A choice to empower yourselves for a confident start to parenthood
- A system of birth preparation
- A detailed understanding for post-birth
A very brief outline of the course content can be found below:
- What happens to your body and why?
- How can we work with it to deliver without intervention?
- What positions can baby be in and how this might impact things?
- What tools and techniques can we use to keep calm and comfortable?
- How can we practice during pregnancy?
- What can birth partners do?
- Positions for birth
- Choices you can make about pain relief
- Comfort measures and birth preferences
- Places to give birth and the benefits of each
- What intervention may be suggested?
- How do we make informed choices?
- How do we navigate the NHS to get bespoke care?
- What policies and procedures inform care at present?
The Fourth Trimester
- What choices do we have about feeding and how do we do this?
- If we want to breast/chest feed, how do we prepare for this?
- What tools can be used in those early weeks?
- How do we look after baby’s umbilical cord?
- What is biologically normal sleep, eat and digestion wise and how can we support this in a nurturing way?
The preparation you do as a birthing team, will help you get to a place where you know what to expect. The course will give you clear steps to the birth experience that is right for you.
Costs and inclusions
Class content is delivered over 5 sessions, usually I do this over 3 x classes which typically includes two shorter evening sessions and then a full day of learning over a Sunday or Saturday.
Courses run regularly, keep an eye out on the Journey Ahead Instagram or Journey Ahead Facebook pages, or my ‘shop’ to be kept updates as to when new dates are released. Alternatively, you can contact me at any time to find out more information about upcoming classes.
At the end of the sessions you will receive audio files/scripts and a KGH hypnobirthing book to consolidate and practice what you learn.
The cost for this type of learning is £222 (£44 per session). You can bring up to two birth partners to attend the sessions with you, and I encourage them to attend each session as you’re learning as a team!
What are you waiting for? Enquire today and begin your journey!