Whether you’re a dad for the first time, or have had babies before, it can be overwhelming. Drop into the mix a tired partner, sleep deprivation and trying to juggle work… and it can all feel quite isolating. With 1 in 10 men experiencing some form of mental health challenge in the first six months after having a baby – having the space to explore how you’re feeling (whether internally or externally) is so important.
After seeing the positive and uplifting impact my baby circles have had with mums, I am launching monthly Dad & Baby circles to extend the feeling of support and community.
The circles are a safe, non-judgemental and relaxing space.
A chance to…
- Meet other new dads
- Connect with your baby through touch
- Regulate your nervous system
- Learn about your baby’s development
- Learn new ways to settle your baby
- Share any worries with an experienced postnatal doula
- Relax and recharge
You can expect a calm and welcoming environment in a beautiful studio in Heaton Chapel. The January circle runs 10 – 11:30am on Sunday 28th. The circles are focused on a particular theme each month. You will learn and experience:
- Baby massage & connection exercises
- A meditation, relaxation or nervous system exercise to calm & reflect
- An opportunity to share with others (if you feel comfortable to do so)
- A snack and refreshment
- Safe space to explore any feelings, worries or concerns
The circle is deliberately relaxed (crying, changing, feeding all welcome) and an opportunity to connect with other parents and your baby.